Cetuximab in metastatic squamous cell cancer of the skin: a Swiss case series

Conen, Katrin L. and Fischer, Natalie and Hofbauer, Günther F. L. and Shafaeddin-Schreve, Bahar and Winterhalder, Ralph and Rochlitz, Christoph and Zippelius, Alfred. (2014) Cetuximab in metastatic squamous cell cancer of the skin: a Swiss case series. Dermatology, 229 (2). pp. 97-101.

Full text not available from this repository.

Official URL: https://edoc.unibas.ch/62425/

Downloads: Statistics Overview


There is current evidence that non-melanoma skin cancers can be successfully treated with cetuximab. To evaluate the use and efficacy of cetuximab (with or without radiotherapy) in a series of previously treated patients with metastatic squamous cell cancer of the skin (SCCS) in Switzerland. We performed a retrospective analysis of six patients from four centers. Endpoints were disease control rates (DCRs) at 4-8 weeks, 12-14 weeks and 20-36 weeks of treatment. Treatment-related toxicity was evaluated additionally. A median of 14 cycles of cetuximab were applied. DCR was 67% at 4-8 weeks, 50% at 12-14 weeks and 33% at 20-36 weeks. In 4-8 weeks responders, mean relapse-free time was 12 +/- 6.2 months and mean overall survival was 25 +/- 16.2 months. Grade I-III acne-like rash developed around week 3 of treatment in 83%. Cetuximab treatment in patients with metastatic SCCS achieved an overall DCR of 67% at 4-8 weeks of treatment. This study underlines the current evidence that SCCS can be successfully treated with cetuximab.
Faculties and Departments:03 Faculty of Medicine > Departement Biomedizin > Department of Biomedicine, University Hospital Basel > Cancer Immunology and Biology (Zippelius/Rochlitz)
UniBasel Contributors:Rochlitz, Christoph and Zippelius, Alfred
Item Type:Article, refereed
Article Subtype:Research Article
Note:Publication type according to Uni Basel Research Database: Journal article
Related URLs:
Identification Number:
Last Modified:05 Aug 2020 10:02
Deposited On:04 Aug 2020 11:53

Repository Staff Only: item control page