edoc

Epstein-Barr virus negativity among individuals older than 60 years is associated with HLA-C and HLA-Bw4 variants and tonsillectomy

Durovic, B. and Gasser, O. and Gubser, P. and Sigle, J. and Hirsch, H. H. and Stern, M. and Buser, A. and Hess, C.. (2013) Epstein-Barr virus negativity among individuals older than 60 years is associated with HLA-C and HLA-Bw4 variants and tonsillectomy. Journal of virology, Vol. 87, H. 11. pp. 6526-6529.

Full text not available from this repository.

Official URL: http://edoc.unibas.ch/dok/A6338089

Downloads: Statistics Overview

Abstract

Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infects approximately 95% of the adult population. The factors that confer protection in the remaining approximately 5% remain unknown. In an exploratory study, we assessed immunogenetic factors and tonsillectomy in a cohort of 17 EBV-negative and 39 EBV-positive healthy individuals aged <60 years. Analyses of HLA genotypes revealed an association between EBV negativity and the presence of HLA-C-35T/T and/or HLA-Bw4 alleles. In addition, EBV-negative donors presented with a history of tonsillectomy more often than EBV-positive donors.
Faculties and Departments:03 Faculty of Medicine > Departement Biomedizin > Department of Biomedicine, University Hospital Basel > Immunobiology (Hess C)
03 Faculty of Medicine > Departement Biomedizin > Former Units at DBM > Immunotherapy (Stern)
03 Faculty of Medicine > Departement Biomedizin > Division of Medical Microbiology > Transplantation Virology (Hirsch)
UniBasel Contributors:Stern, Martin Andreas and Hirsch, Hans H. and Hess, Christoph
Item Type:Article, refereed
Article Subtype:Research Article
Bibsysno:Link to catalogue
Publisher:American Society for Microbiology
ISSN:0022-538X
Note:Publication type according to Uni Basel Research Database: Journal article
Related URLs:
Identification Number:
Last Modified:06 Mar 2015 07:44
Deposited On:06 Mar 2015 07:44

Repository Staff Only: item control page